Not all pumpkin desserts have to be baked. This cool, creamy milkshake pairs perfectly with a hot Los Angeles fall. Spiced up pumpkin and vanilla ice cream blend to make a shake that's not too sweet, or over the top syrupy. Plus, pumpkin packs a vitamin punch -- it's full of beta-carotene, vitamin A and antioxidants . Yup, a dessert that's kinda good for you -- sweet!
For 2 shakes you'll need:
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (I used Libby)
1/2 cup milk
1/8 tsp cinnamon (more to taste)
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp ginger
sprinkle of nutmeg
rolled wafer cookie (I used Oreo Funstix)
1. Use a rolling pin to roll out the green Airhead.
2. Use kitchen shears to trim the airhead into a leaf shape. Set aside.
3. Put 2 cups vanilla ice cream into a blender.
4. Add the pumpkin puree.
5. Pour in milk and spices. Blend for about 20 seconds, until creamy. Do not over blend - the shake will turn to liquid.
6. Garnish with Airhead "leaf" and a wafer cookie "stem" - serve immediately.