This shoelace Jack O' Lantern makes it easy to bring a little Halloween fun with you wherever you go. And, guess what, I'm crafting with felt again. Do you notice a trend? I'm kind of obsessed with felt these days.
Kids will love dressing up their shoes with these pumpkin pals, and the best part is that they aren't permanent. The pumpkin gets laced onto the shoe, and can easily be removed when the Halloween haunting is over. Perfect for getting into the Halloween spirit, from head to toe...
Here's what you'll need to make a pair of your own:
Stiffened felt, in orange, green and black
sneakers with laces
1. To start, draw a pumpkin on on the orange felt. Cut the pumpkin out and use it to trace 3 more pumpkins. You need 4 total.
2. Now take two of the pumpkins and use the green and black felt to decorate them.
3. Glue on eyes and a toothy Jack O' Lantern grin. Don't forget green felt for the stem.
4. Now grab the other two pumpkins.
5. Draw 4 vertical marks on each of the undecorated pumpkins. Make sure that the inner marks are the same distance apart as the lacing eyes on your shoe.
6. Use scissors to snip all four of the vertical lines.
7. Apply a thin line of hot glue around the edge of the pumpkin, be sure not to get glue in the center or near the openings you cut.
8. Press the two pumpkins together, with the Jack O' Lantern pumpkin on top of the snipped pumpkin. Trim around the glued pumpkins, so that ends are clean and flush.
9. Now thread your lace through the slits as shown in the photo above.
10. Pull the laces taught, and make sure that the length of the laces is even.
11. Now lace your shoes as usual, and admire your felty pumpkin friends.