There will come a time that lifting your vehicle will be necessary, thanks to the availability of car ramps, which allow you to work beneath your car. The jacks included in most modern vehicles just leave a lot of desirable things without the maximum confidence of feeling safe under a 4,000-pound car.
In spite the existence of aluminum and steel jacks, the gaskets in these automotive ramps could fail, while considering its cost-prohibitive properties when compared to other ramp types. Fortunately, ramps for cars are truly great alternatives to the cheap jacks included in vehicles and the expensive floor jacks on the market.
Today, there are low profile car ramps that are constructed very strong from lightweight materials. These automotive ramps are easy to maneuver from one place to another, while having weight tolerances, unlike ordinary floor jacks. Typically, these ramps come in pairs and are very useful in shops, garages, or trailers. So, without so much ado, here are the best car ramps on the market with their corresponding customer ratings.
|Picture||Model||Editor Ratings||Our Review|
|RhinoGear 11909|| (4.5 / 5) |
|Race Ramps RR-56-2|| (4.6 / 5) |
|Mini Car Ramps 4,400lb-capacity|| (5 / 5) |
|Scepter 08226|| (4.5 / 5) |
|Race Ramps RR-WC|| (4.8 / 5) |
Best Car Ramp Reviews 2016
Table of Contents
First on the list are the RhinoGear 11909 vehicle ramps with an average customer rating of 4.5-Stars. This pair of ramps is highly capable of handling up to 12,000-pound of weight capacity. They are very portable with rugged design, allowing you to transport them in one place to another with the utmost convenience.
RhinoGear can provide you with a convenient and reliable access underneath your vehicle when necessary, including nestability for optimal storage space. Unlike ordinary floor jacks, these garage ramps boast a CoreTrac design, which is a non-skid base that significantly helps in reducing slippage.
The 17-degree incline tends to provide the most convenient usage for low clearance cars and is highly recommended for use with 9-inch-width tires. RhinoGear 11909 ramps are very durable, considering the exclusive built-in polymer support system, plus a wide stance that provides exceptional weight distribution as well as unmatched strength.
These heavy duty car ramps are perfect not only for cars, but also for vans, pickups, and sport utility vehicles. With a very reasonable price tag, these ramps are preferred by many customers, considering its high weight tolerance that results in supreme confidence. The easy storage design has also captivated a lot of consumers, offering a stand on-end extending beyond less than 12 inches.
Compared to plastic ramps, these Rhino ramps have been smartly engineered to be incredibly strong in handling weights without bending at all. While these ramps are low-profile, they are ideal for sports cars as well. Satisfied customers say that the RhinoGear 11909 ramps are certainly a good purchase.
Race Ramps RR-56-2
On the other hand, the Race Ramps RR-56-2 garners an average rating of 4.6-Stars. Also comes in a pair, these 56-inch car service ramps are very lightweight, allowing you to carry and maneuver with ease. It features a special construction that will never scratch or leave any marks on your floor.
For a convenient side access, you can remove the ramp’s bottom portion. These ramps are also unscootable without sliding or slipping, regardless the surface may be. Boasting a 100% durable core design, the Race Ramps only weigh at 10 pounds each, but are incredibly strong due to the durable materials and construction.
Unlike other race ramps, these plastic models include a strap for convenient mobility, maneuverability, and storage all at the same time. They are low-profile and perfect for lifting cars, whether for display or repair purposes. The power plant of these ramps has been engineered without materials to potentially slip; thereby, preventing slipping, sliding, and scooting.
The Race Ramps RR-56-2 features a 3,000-pound maximum support and lifting capacity, making it the perfect product for lifting the rear or front of any passenger car. It is likewise ideal for use in light-duty trucks, serving as oil change ramps and other repair or maintenance purposes.
All in all, the Race Ramps RR-56-2 are low profile ramps with non-skid and 100% durable core design. These ramps are perfect for professional mechanics and DIY enthusiasts, providing a long-lasting and very reliable pair of car maintenance ramps and for many other purposes.
Mini Car Ramps 4,400lb-capacity
Meanwhile, the Mini Car Ramps offer a 4,400-pound lifting and support max capacity. Receiving a 5-Star rating from customers, this pair of plastic car ramps is constructed from heavy duty honeycomb plastic materials that are highly capable of preventing the build-up of long-term moisture.
These ramps also feature tire-stop ends, alongside a formed wheel groove for optimal durability and stability. Also with a low-profile design, it can load as high as 2.75 inches high and at an angle of 9.05-degree. These ramps are ideal for vehicle maintenance as well as for seasonal storage purposes.
These low profile auto ramps are not just perfect for maintenance and seasonal use, but also great pre-lift devices for inserting a jack. The overall design works effectively with cars that have Ground-FX or body kits due to the 2.75-inch lifting height.
With a very high rating, these ramps have certainly created a lot of happy customers. For one, the ramps greatly work for customers with lowered cars, making these ramps for lowered cars very reliable when compared to hydraulic jacks. Hence, the ramps are very useful for changing radiators, helping a lot of customers in accomplishing many other tasks.
Overall, the Mini Car Ramps by Rage Powersports are sensible investments for seasonal auto mechanics, DIY enthusiasts, and automotive repair shop owners. These ramps work exceptionally in lifting vehicles, unlike jacks that can potentially damage surfaces and vehicle parts simultaneously. These car ramps for low cars are also inexpensive versions of hydraulic jacks and other car ramp brands.
The Scepter 08226 with an average rating of 4.5-Stars is a set of plastic automotive ramps. This model features a core parabolic arch, which runs through the ramp’s center in order to distribute and support a vehicle’s weight. Hence, each set of this car ramp offers a 12,000-pound weight limit.
Furthermore, this lightweight, yet durable ramp measures as 9.8 inches by 35 inches in dimensions. They provide a grid design, unlike other models on the market. This particular design tends to allow water, dirt, and snow fall through, making it an all-weather car service ramp due to its multiple purposes.
According to many customer reviews, this product is capable of taking a car’s tires off the floor up to a 6.50-inch height, securing the entire vehicle at the same time. This distance provides anyone with an adequate room to get underneath the car and perform necessary maintenance or repair works.
While other ramps are made in the United States, this particular model is made in Canada, making more consumers happy, rather than seeing one with a ‘Made in China’ tag. Many actual users also say that these garage car ramps allow up to a 30 percentage rise grade than other brands, including a wider width to accommodate wide ranges of tire sizes.
Moreover, the Scepter 08226 ramps are very light, allowing for effortless handling as well as a convenient storage when not in use. These ramps are also trouble-free in terms of cleaning and maintaining due to the grip design. In short, these plastic ramps have pleased many consumers, meeting their expectations, and giving them an essential automotive device that can provide years of service.
Race Ramps RR-WC
Finally, with an average rating of 4.8-Stars is the Race Ramps RR-WC. When compared to the previous products, these auto ramps feature a 10-inch adjustable wheel crib, and similar to its brother, the Race Ramps RR-56-2, this particular model also boasts a special construction that will never leave any mark or scratch on floors.
Hence, it works effectively on many surfaces, including sand. These ramps are very lightweight, allowing for convenient carrying and maneuvering. They are also unscootable, eliminating sliding or slipping, regardless the surface. The wheel cribs can hold tires with 25-inch to 30-inch of diameters, making them more useful for a wide array of vehicle types.
The Race Ramps RR-WC is available in 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch heights, which can be used in combination with Race Ramps’ 56-inch or 67-inch car service ramps. The stacked assembly of the wheel cribs also allows for the car to be lifted in incremental heights. The same design provides clearance for a spacer or a jack.
Race Ramps RR-WC are not only service ramps, but also serve for car show or displays, allowing users to obtain a safe lift; thereby, they are very useful during the general auto service and maintenance like oil changes and detailing.
The actual owners of these ramps have been captivated with the adjustable wheel cribs, saying that these ramps are the most flexible in its class. All in all, the Race Ramps RR-WC could be the best auto ramps on the market, providing incremental heights during the lifting process, while the lightweight construction allows for easy carrying, maneuvering, and storing.
Car Ramp Buying Guide
Choosing between the car ramps for sale could be a daunting task for many, especially for the first-time users and buyers. The same is true because of the endless selections that the market has to offer. On that note, this section of the article will help you in further narrowing down the choices, giving you more details in order to make an informed decision eventually.
Car Ramp Usage
Many people make use of car ramps and even chocks when there is a need to raise or lift the front of their cars, although some models today are also helpful in lifting the rear portion of vehicles. This task is accomplished by vehicle service ramps without using any floor jack. These automotive devices are also used when loading a car into a platform or trailer for display purposes in car shows, for instance. The following disadvantages and advantages of using car ramps should be noted, instead of using a floor jack.
- Advantages – The biggest advantage of these devices is the convenience factor. The time of setting up and using car ramps takes a considerably lesser time than using floor jacks. It is mainly because the ramps have no moving parts. But, the use of jack stands is highly recommended as an extra precaution, while using ramps.
- Disadvantages – Perhaps, the biggest disadvantage of using such devices is having a consistent contact between the ramp and the wheels, which simply poses limits to rotating the tires, bleeding the brakes, changing the brake pads, or performing any repair tasks that involve the wheels. Unlike when using floor jacks, you are not able to adjust the height once the vehicle is resting on car ramps.
Factors to Consider
While a garage ramp seems to be a simple device, there are still major factors to consider when shopping for such machines on the market. The following are the key variables to take into account, ensuring that your experience is effective and safe at the same time.
- Weight Capacity – The weight capacity of ramps is the most crucial factor to consider when buying this product. This variable comes together with the weight of your car, which you are attempting to load. Each pair of car ramp lift has its own capacity readily listed, which is usually described per axle. Measuring the axle weight is essential in order to evaluate if your car falls within such threshold. Checking the ramp’s weight rating next to the heaviest axle weight of the car is also crucial.
- Ramp Length – Another factor worth-considering is the ramp length. Keep in mind that the weight capacity and ramp length work together in supporting a vehicle, ensuring stability during the loading procedure.
- Ramp Width – The ramp width, on the other hand, tends to dictate the space or room for error when loading a car. It is important to measure the width of the tires (in inches) from sidewall to sidewall, making sure that you are getting the best car ramp that is wide enough, allowing for extra room on each side of the tires when lined up. This will also prevent slippage, while loading the vehicle.
- Ramp Surface – Furthermore, the ramp surface plays a crucial role throughout the process. The surface of the ramp should offer traction in supporting the vehicle, despite loading conditions. Remember that a smooth surface might create slippage, in spite a low incline. There are two highly-recommended ramp surfaces that you might want to consider, including the serrated rung surface and the perforated punch plate. Most products on the market offers the latter type of surface, while the perforated punch plate is more ideal for snowy or wet conditions.
- Height – Similar to the previous factors, the height that a car ramp has to offer is equally essential. This is basically identified by knowing how much clearance is necessary beneath the vehicle, allowing you to perform repair and maintenance works.
- Purpose – Of course, there is always a purpose of buying a garage car ramp. Determining the main purpose of your purchase is fairly straightforward. It is vital to identify if you need an oil change ramp, for instance, or an inexpensive variety without a cheap design. There are heavy duty models that can lift tremendous weights or those useful when moving vehicles on and off trailers. Today, there are also brands that claim to be multi-purpose ramps. So, identifying the main reason will help you determine the best product.
- Low Profile Ramps – A low profile vehicle will need a low profile ramp. Car ramps for low profile cars have longer designs, including gradual inclines, which allow a vehicle with minimal ground clearance or a sports car to be driven on these ramps without damaging or touching the undercarriage. Hence, these ramps are the most suitable for lowered vehicles.
Note: It is also imperative to take note that buying a product from trusted manufacturers will provide you with a more reliable and safer equipment since these products have undergone thorough quality checks and inspection protocols. Keep in mind that crawling underneath a vehicle poses some dangers, especially when you are using substandard safety equipment. Therefore, stray from such product classifications and rely purely on brands with high customer ratings and positive feedbacks.
Over and above, a vehicle ramp is an automotive safety device that allows for many applications, whether for an oil changing purpose, car show display, transportation on and off a trailer, and so on. It is essential to take into account the provided factors, including the reviewed products provided in this article.
Determining your main purpose is a significant variable throughout the decision-making, while being willing to shell out extra cash for a product with added features. By doing so, you will arrive at the most suitable model of a car ramp that fits your needs and requirements, considering all the features necessary, including the safety features that these automobile ramps have to offer.