Do you want to know how you can make your room warm with an energy efficient room heater especially during winter? During this season, you need more time indoors than outdoors because of the freezing temperature. In order for you to survive, you need some heat to fill the room with an equal balance of emission.
You need the best space heater you could find to conveniently provide you the comfort heat without having to incur extra costs due to the additional electricity being used. There are plenty of companies in the market that sells different types of energy efficient heaters.
Best Energy Efficient Space Heater Reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Energy Efficient Space Heater Reviews
- 2 Best Energy Efficient Space Heater Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
It can deliver extensive heat up to 60% while maintaining its efficiency. It can also emit heat on spaces broader than 450 square feet.
How does Dr. Infrared Heater differ from other competing brands? It has two heating modes that have elements made up of Quartz and PTC, plus, it is also equipped with a supreme power system that blows heat without making a lot of noise. Its safety is top-of-the-line in the market, and is highly certified by U.S. and Canadian standards.
- Cool design – It comes with awesome inclusions. Its quirky design makes it a standout in the market that looks like a cute android. It has cool aesthetic features that go along well with any objects in the room.
- Good price for the pocket – The price is certainly economical considering its quality. Other heaters in the market cost twice as much but produce standard comfort heating. The price is great, and the quality is top-of-the-line.
- Energy efficient – Dr. Infrared Heater radiates heat more than other heaters in the market which has standard 1500 watt settings. Its heat transfer is done in a more efficient manner. It consumes electricity between 1000 and 1500 watts when it is running. But, because it dispenses heat more by sixty percent without using extra energy, and because of the way it transfers heat, it is more energy efficient than the average 1500 watt model.
It is equipped with a fantastic blower that blows massive air at a lesser rate than other competing heaters in the market.
This heater is more than an aesthetic extension. It has a vacillating function that allows heat to spread throughout the entire room, leaving no one in the cold. Plus, it also has a remote control where you can operate the device from a distance.
This heater works magnificently in rooms with a diameter of around 100 sq feet and may require more time to heat on larger spaces. In addition, its thermostat is limited only to a high setting.
The 6435 Designer Series space heater from Lasko is assembled beautifully. It can serve as an aesthetic extension to your furniture in the house. It comes with a remote control that you can easily use, to go through the many functions of the device and is able to heat up an entire room quickly.
- Feels good, looks good – It’s a cool heater that is pleasing to the eyes and works superbly as well. It’s placed into a chiseled iron framing that is pretty strong and prevents the item from falling down. In addition, the Lasko 6435 Designer Series itself is visually appealing, and the surface feels good to the touch.
- Easy to use – You’ll be amazed on how it operates as it is touted as one of the silent operators in the market. In fact, it heats quietly that you won’t even hear a buzzing sound in the background, providing that comfort and warmth all throughout. It vacillates in a way that heats up the entire area. It also contains materials in ceramic that allows full maintenance of the device.
This space heater is one of the coolest items in the market. The Dyson AM04 features Air Multiplier technology for faster and more efficient heating. This unit emits heat and extends it further to the rest of the room with its oscillating capabilities hence, leaving everyone in the room warm and comfortable.
Since this one radiates heat throughout the entire corners of the room, it gives that cozy, homey feeling dissipating cold spots.
It has an intelligent thermostat where you can set the temperature to your desired target and the heater will maintain that targeted temperature just the way you set it. Amazing isn’t it?
- Air Multiplier Technology – Dyson AM04 has an air multiplier technology that draws the heat in surroundings faster than others. Its cooling fan has high airflow and velocity for effective personal cooling. It also has long-range heat projection that you can heat throughout the room.
- Shuts down automatically – It has an advanced function that will automatically shut down once it gets accidentally bumped into the floor by your pet or your kids.
- Energy saving – This heater both generates hot and cold air at the same time, providing that much-needed balance in the entire room. Compared to other space heaters in the market, it doesn’t use blades and does not have any visible heating elements so, there’s no safety grill. This heater is one of the most energy efficient space heater and can be used in any types of weather since it can create both heat and cold effect.
For smaller space heating, another energy efficient portable heater option is DeLonghi EW7707CB. The advantage of oil radiators such as DeLonghi EW7707CB is that the heat contained inside the unit is retained. So, after you reach your desired heat fast, you will be pleasantly surprised that you will still be warm and cozy all over. It comes with features that will surely put a smile on your face.
- The power of ComforTemp – This heater can lower down electricity costs through its automatic function. This one maintains the room temperature using the lowest wattage when you press the ComforTemp button. It can produce the maximum amount of radiant heat while ensuring a low surface temperature making it a perfect heater for everyone with kids and pets.
- Saves you costs on electricity – The fins of the heater which is covered is laced with pure diathermic oil and the good thing about it is it does not require refilling. As one of the top most energy efficient electric heaters in the market, it saves you additional electricity costs with its ComforTemp setting, used for maintaining an optimal level of temperature in the room. Hence, no need to turn it on again once the heat dissipates.
- Operates quietly – The Delonghi EW7707CB ComforTemp Oil-Filled Radiator is a very quiet operator. It does take some time for it to warm up but it is extremely safe and one of the most efficient space heaters in the market. You will find yourself relaxed and enjoying the comfort of heat generated by this.
If you’ve got a room which is close to 400 square feet in diameter, this is the perfect heater for you. Although manufactured to also radiate heat inside the house, the Mr. Heater MH18B was built for those who work outdoors. This one will make sure you do not freeze. So what makes this a lot more different than others in the market? Let us find out below.
- Specially designed for outdoors – Mr. Heater MH18B has large latches for easy handling and comes with holes on the back so you can mount it on the wall. On top of that, this heater comes with automatic shut off feature especially for instances where oxygen is running low. Price starts at $109.99. It can be used indoors and out. It is mountable with safety shut offs and has a half off option. It requires propane and well, not really ideal to use inside the house and it is quite pricy.
- Easy to use control – This heater has a swivel regulator and a single control. It has an automatic low oxygen shutoff system and heats up to 450 square feet. It has low, medium and high heat level control knob for steady temperatures.
- Back Up for Power Interruptions – Based on user reviews, this is a heater which is reliable especially during power interruptions in the winter. It can be run for three days straight and you’ll never have to worry about finding heat source.
Therefore, it is one of the heaters recommended to use if you are a fan of outdoor activities or any work that requires you to use the heater outside the house or establishments.
Best Energy Efficient Space Heater Buying Guide
Types of Heaters That are Sold in the Market
- Convection Heater – One of which, is called convection heater that is designed to help keep the air warm within the room you are situated in. It creates warm air which rises like hot air does. It quickly increases the temperature in the room. As the warm air pushes upward, the cool air plummets to the floor which in turn, allows the air within the room to circulate.
- Radiant Heater – Another type is a radiant heater. These are designed to heat up objects and even humans. When this is placed directly in front of someone, that person will generate heat which will then provide warmth for that person. So, this is an ideal heater if you want to warm up your place quickly.
- Combo Heaters – Lastly, we have the combo heaters. Basically, this is a combination between a convection and radiant space heaters. These help in distributing warm air that spreads within the room by using a fan while generating heat at the same time.
When choosing a heater for your house, you need to consider its safety aspects. You might want to read space heater reviews and find out what is the most ideal for your place. In this article, we will not only talk about the specifics of heaters in terms of brand names but also about the different functions as well.
There are a lot of energy efficient space heaters that you can choose which will surely cost you money. Some models heat up your room quickly but will cost you as much as $450. There are types that radiate evenly across the room so you’ll never feel left out in the cold. So when looking for a heater, always look for the one that is ideal for your situation.
- Safety features – When choosing a heater for your house, you need to consider its safety aspects. Having safety standards in place reduces the risks of fire as well as heater getting busted up in case of accidents. Look for the label that signifies the heater has been tested in specific laboratories such as Underwriters Lab, Intertek or CSA (Canadian Standards Association) to ensure that the heaters’ build and performance meets the U.S. safety standards.
- Automatic power on/off switch – This is important as it will help you save costs on electricity and the hassles of manual operation. In order for you to save electricity while using heaters you need to turn the heat to low speed. You need to keep the doors and windows closed to prevent hot air from escaping. Switch it off when not in used.
- Adjustable settings – Most heaters come with three modes as well as a timer that you can easily adjust depending on your preferred targeted temperature. Some heaters have an overheating protection with a maximum of 1500 watts, and the lowest setting measuring at the wattage of 900. There is also a change thermostat in fixed degrees that retains room temperature. There are also heaters that feature a timer from 1 hour to maximum 7 hours, a setting for high to low and a remote control.
- Protective functions – Look for a heater that has a switch as an add-on feature which stops it from potential overheating. There are also heaters that have firm foundation built to withstand minor tremors or accidental bumps caused by pets or children so it will not fall easily.
- Consider Your Space – As far as achieving the purpose of heaters, it is definitely useful for heating a room. However, you must consider the dimensions of your area. There are heaters which are more suitable for larger spaces while other for smaller spaces. It radiates heat fast and the unit looks pleasing to the eyes even if you place it anywhere you want to in the room.
However, there are a two obvious design faults that you may want to look into. First, the thermostat won’t work unless the space heater is set to a high mode. If you have an overloaded breaker, this may be a game breaker. When it comes to rooms with larger spaces, it does not heat up as fast as you would expect it but overall, this is still an awesome space heater.
- Customer review – It is helpful to check out customer reviews online before deciding on a product. There are pros and cons on every item so make sure you get the best bang for your buck.
You need an energy efficient heater that saves energy and therefore saves you money. In addition, you must also consider other underlying factors such as the size of your room and whether it’s for indoor use or not. To help narrow down your choices, look for the highest ranking heaters that are popular by ratings, customer review and value for money. At the end of the day, it’s your decision. The best energy efficient space heater, after all, is subjective and depends on how you want to use it.
Check out other Heaters too!
- Best Electric Heater
- Best Radiant Floor Heating
- Best Oil Filled Heater
- Best Lasko Heater
- Best Kerosene Heater
- Best Infrared Heater
- Best Garage Heater
- Best Energy Efficient Space Heater
- Best Ceramic Heater
- Best Bathroom Heater
- Best Baseboard Heater
- Best Oil Filled Heater
- Best Electric Fireplace
- Best Pellet Stove
Last update on 2020-09-21 at 15:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.