Thanks to the best garage heater that’s being sold today, you are one step away from making sure that you are warm enough to do your hobbies or work on your car. Most garages are only made with bricks which do not really provide any type of insulation so it’s nearly impossible to stay there when it’s freezing outside.
Because garage heaters are becoming more and more popular every day, there are many manufacturers that are producing them today. Not all garages are the same so you need to find the perfect heater that fits your garage to provide the warmth that you need. You can find some of the most popular garage heaters in this article to help you pick a great product that is worth your money.
|Picture||Model||Editor Ratings||Our Review|
|Optimus Garage (H-9010)|| (4 / 5) |
|Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988|| (4 / 5) |
|Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX|| (4.6 / 5) |
|Fahrenheat FUH54|| (4.5 / 5) |
|Dimplex DGWH4031|| (4.2 / 5) |
Best Garage Heater Reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Garage Heater Reviews
- 1.1 Optimus Garage/Shop Ceiling or Wall Mount Utility Heater (H-9010)
- 1.2 Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Shop Heater with 6-30R Plug
- 1.3 Mr. Heater Buddy Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater F232000 MH9BX
- 1.4 Fahrenheat 240-volt Garage Heater FUH54 (2500-5000-watt)
- 1.5 Dimplex 4000-Watt Garage/Workshop Heater DGWH4031
- 2 The Best Garage Heaters Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
The Optimus Garage Utility Heater offers quartz heating materials that work well when providing heat in your garage. It barely takes up any space in the garage because it can be ceiling or wall mounted. Because of this, you can have extra space for your car or your tools.
The Optimus H9010 is very easy to install and is built with a metal housing so you can be sure that it will last for a long time. This is the best garage heater when it comes to safety because of the overheat protection feature that enables it to shut down automatically during super high temperatures so you can leave the garage heater to continuously warm up your garage during winter.
This garage heater provides you with a 600 or a 1200 watt heat that can be compared to the heat of the sun. It also offers a halogen light for low light situations so you can continue working during the night. The pull cord that is integrated into this garage heater makes it easier for you to unplug it when it’s not in use. The heat and the light can be powered on independently so you don’t have to be forced to use it at the same time. If you want a garage heater that can provide enough heat for you to feel comfortable inside your garage even if it’s freezing cold outside.
If you are looking for the best garage heater to heat up a big garage, the Dr. Infrared Garage Heater is the best choice for you. The DR988 can handle big rooms of up to 600 square feet so you can be sure that it can cover a 4 car garage.
This heater comes with a thermostat control and features a temperature range of 45 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit so you can choose the best temperature that suits you daily. It is very safe to use because it is built to be protected from overheating and it passed all the safety ratings in the USA. If you have children in the house, you won’t have to worry about using this product around them.
Aside from warming up garages, you can use this garage heater for shops, construction sites, basements and other parts of the house that lack insulation. Another great feature of this garage heater is its portability that allows you to take it from one place to another.
The built-in thermostat is great for adjusting the temperature in the room. The fan that comes with the heater provides continuous warmth to every room that you choose. The DR988 is also made with high-quality materials that make it last for a long time to give you the best value for your money.
Mr. Heater gives you the latest innovation when it comes to portable heaters with the best garage heater available today. The Mr. Heater Buddy Portable Radiant Heater can be used in tents, workshops, cabins, porches and other parts of the house. This heater can warm up a medium sized space of up to 225 sq ft with its 4,000 to 9,000 BTU heater which allows you to adjust the heat according to your comfort level.
It is approved for use indoors and outdoors with its safety features that include an auto shutdown when tipped over, when the pilot light shuts off or when it starts detecting low energy levels. The fold down handle makes it easier for you to carry it around for use.
This is a lightweight portable heater that allows you to use it for a high or low heat setting. Because of its portability, you don’t have to hire a professional to do some installation for you. It is proven to be energy efficient so you can be sure that your energy bills won’t shoot up when you use it.
Another great thing about this heater is that it directly connects to a 20-pound propane cylinder by using a hose. Stay warm indoors with the Mr. Heater Portable Radiant Heater and enjoy garage work all year long.
The Farenheat 240 Volt Garage Heater is the best garage heater to use if you want a warm garage to work in during the winter season. It is made to be heavy duty with its rugged design that makes it looks like an industrial heater so you can be sure that it will last a lifetime. It has integrated mounting brackets that allow you to mount it in all kinds of positions. You can also take advantage of the louvers that can be adjusted to direct heat in a specific area. It is great garage heaters for large rooms and were built to warm up different areas like workshops, basements or even outside a building.
You don’t have to worry about professionals having to install this heater for you as you can just follow the instructions that come with the heater. Fahrenheat 240 is also made for quiet operation so you don’t have to worry about noisy sound while you’re working. Although this heater provides excellent garage heating to large areas, his heater is also energy efficient you can be sure that your bills are safe. Made to be sturdy and reliable with high-quality materials, you can be sure that you can count on this heater to function until you finish your beloved garage project.
The Dimplex Garage Heater is the best garage heater to use for large spaces. It is built to be very powerful with its 240-volt fan and 4000-watt heater element made of stainless steel to provide all the heating that you need. It is built with an automatic temp control which helps you maintain consistent warmth in your space with a range of 7-25 degree Celsius. The DGWH4031 is also integrated with a convertible mounting bracket that lets you mount this heater in any position that you like a wall or a ceiling. You can also choose to focus this heater in a specific place for direct heating.
The DGWH4031 also works with a fan delay which utilizes residual heat to ensure that you save money on your energy bills. The 6ft cord that comes with this heater adds to the convenience that this product brings to its customers. The safety features include an automatic shutdown once the airflow is restricted for whatever reason there is. This heater is enclosed in high-quality steel with a powder coated finish. It is made with a corrosion resistant material so you can be sure to avoid rusting and regular maintenance.
Although it’s very much high powered, this heater is proven to be energy efficient which lets you save money while it is in use. There is no need to abandon your garage projects when the weather turns colder, thanks to this great heater.
The Best Garage Heaters Buying Guide
Why do You Need a Garage Heater?
During winter, most people stay in to do some work in the garage. To people who love cars, the garage is the best place to stay in and work on their cars. Those who love power tools can also test their new gadgets in the garage. These are only some of the reason why a garage is an important place in the house. Because of this, you deserve to have the best garage heater that provides good quality heat during cold days. Gone are the days when you have to endure working in the garage under cold temperatures. You don’t have to stop working on your favorite project just because it gets a little too cold during mornings and at night.
Types of Garage Heaters
- Natural Gas Type – There are two types of garage heaters that use natural gas. First is the forced air heater that blows heated up the air around the room like a furnace. The second type is the infrared tube type that radiates heat around the room. These types of heaters can burn affordable natural gas or LPG which is also quite affordable. Natural gas garage heaters come in different sizes so it gives you a lot of choices to buy the best one that fits your needs.
With natural gas garage heaters, you have to remember that you will need a ventilation to expel gasses and an electrical outlet to power it up.
- Electric Garage Type – Electric gas garage heaters are the most popular ones and are always available in stores. You can install this heater anywhere that you want to use it as long as you have a power supply. You also need a thermostat to maintain the warmth at a level that is good enough for you. Most electric garage heaters are built to be very safe because of their automatic cut-off switch that shuts it down when the heater is tipped over. There are garage heaters that are mounted on the ceiling or the wall so you can be sure to save some space in your garage.
Electric garage heaters can be used in residential or commercial spaces. You can even find electric garage heaters that can heat up very large spaces.
- Propane Gas Type – If you need a garage heater that works instantly in providing heat to your garage, it’s best to choose a propane gas heater. This type of garage heater creates a hot flame which enables it to heat up a room. Propane gas heaters are made with a thermostat which is a very important part of a propane gas heater. It helps it regulate the room temperature and helps you conserve a lot of energy when you don’t need to use the heater. If you choose a propane gas heater, you must know that you need a ventilation to use a propane heater. It makes sure that unneeded gasses are blown out of the house.
Things to Consider
- Thermostat Control – Most machines are built with thermostats that have different settings of various temperatures to give you a more comfortable experience. The best garage heaters even have the ability to maintain the temperature the way you want it. This is a great feature especially if you know the specific temperature that you like to work with.
- Direct Heating – If you need some direct heating on a specific area, you might want to look for a garage heater that includes adjustable louvers. It allows the heater to be more customizable because it lets you direct heat on a specific area.
- Fan Only Setting – There are heaters that come with a fan only setting that lets you use it during warm months. This is great to use for ventilation when you don’t have to use your heater for warming up purposes. The fan only setting will help keep you cool during hot days.
- Portable – Being portable is always a good feature to look for when you’re buying the best garage heater. A portable heater should include comfortable handles for carrying it around. If it’s a bigger sized heater, it should have wheels or gliders so you can conveniently move it from room to room. If you have a garage heater that needs to be plugged into function, you can use it in different rooms when you need to use it in very cold weather.
- Build Quality – Garage heaters are built to be stronger, rugged and durable compared to other types of heaters used in the home. This type of heater was made for industrial use and is able to withstand harsher use. You don’t have to spend more money by insulating the walls and roof of your garage. Thanks to the best garage heater, all you need is a power outlet so you can warm the room up so you can enjoy warmth through the winter season.
Overall, the best garage heater is made so you can take your hobbies to another level by working on them all year round—even through cold seasons. Aside from warming up garages, you can use this garage heater for shops, construction sites, basements and other parts of the house that lack insulation. A great feature of the best garage heater is its portability that allows you to take it from one place to another. The built-in thermostat is great for adjusting the temperature in the room. The fan that comes with the heater provides continuous warmth to every room that you choose.
Some garage heaters even have the ability to maintain the temperature the way you want it. This is a great feature especially if you know the specific temperature that you like to work with. Before purchasing a garage heater, you need to make sure that it is perfect for your garage. There are many types of garage heaters but the most popular one is the electric garage heater. You can install this heater anywhere that you want to use it as long as you have a power supply.
You also need a thermostat to maintain the warmth at a level that is good enough for you. Most electric garage heaters are built to be very safe because of their automatic cut-off switch that shuts it down when the heater is tipped over. There are garage heaters that are mounted on the ceiling or the wall so you can be sure to save some space in your garage. It’s also good to consider the materials that were used to build a garage heater. Garage heaters are built to be stronger, rugged and durable compared to other types of heaters used in the home.
This type of heater was made for industrial use and is able to withstand harsher use. You don’t have to spend more money by insulating the walls and roof of your garage. Thanks to the best garage heater, all you need is a power outlet so you can warm the room up so you can enjoy warmth through the winter season. Say goodbye to halting important projects just because you cannot last very long in the garage without freezing to death.
Check out other Heaters too!
- Best Electric Heater
- Best Radiant Floor Heating
- Best Oil Filled Heater
- Best Lasko Heater
- Best Kerosene Heater
- Best Infrared Heater
- Best Garage Heater
- Best Energy Efficient Space Heater
- Best Ceramic Heater
- Best Bathroom Heater
- Best Baseboard Heater
- Best Oil Filled Heater
- Best Electric Fireplace
- Best Pellet Stove