Table of Contents
The Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP is among the quietest air compressor in the market, aimed with a powerful engine making it a popular choice for hobbyists to handy man or small shop owner. This well-rounded air compressor is able to handle various common tasks from tire filling, nail framing to spray painting.
Some people may think twice as Makita MAC 700 is oil-lubricated, fearing the hassle of quarterly oil change and extra maintenance. However, all this extra caring is worth it when you see your MAC 700 running powerfully at the comfort of your home.
The Makita MAC700 has a Big Core cat-iron cylinder that helps it produce little sound. When operating, its noise level is only at 80db, which is just slightly higher than the 67db of a normal conversation. Its low-noise feature attracts buyers looking for a home use air compressor, as they could easily operate the machine at home without disturbing the neighbours or waking up the babies.
No Premature Motor Failures
The Makita Mac700 draws very low amps to protect it from the breakers tripping and voltages dropping. With only 12.4 draws from the air compressor, you will maintain a high output, and it helps you avoid the repeated interruption while you are working. Continuous voltage drops could cause damage to your air compressor and reduce its job performance, but with the Makita MAC 700, there is simply no worry.
Other Key Features and Specifications of Makita MAC700
- The oil-lubricated pump helps lengthen the machine life. It also means that you’ll have to perform oil change periodically, but with its detail instruction manual, it would not much of a hassle. The Makita MAC700 has thoughtfully placed the oil sight glass and oil drain conveniently, thus further helps you with the process.
- If you need even more help with the oil setup and oil change, check this video out (from 1:50)
- The work will be done very fast and smoothly, with a low pump of only 1720 RPM – almost half of other competitive units. They even add a rubber pad at the feet to reduce vibrations. A carpet placed beneath the machine would be a great hack to help you totally forget the machine is running.
- The cylinder and piston that makes it produce high performance without giving any troubles.
The machine is accompanied by a one-year warranty, so you get a full assurance should anything happen to the air compressor.
Pros & Cons
- Oil-lubricated pump helps lengthen product life
- Very low noise produced
- Powerful engine with Big Bore Engineered Pump
- Handle bar designed for portability
- Heavy (60pounds)
- Require oil valve set up and perodically oil change
- A bit obscure product manual
Reviews and Ratings from previous customers
Most of the customers found the quietness of the air compressor the best feature. The Makita MAC700 Air Compressor has a very high rating of 4.5/5 stars, from 547 customer reviews at the time of writing.
Previous customers also said that the air compressor is small in size and can fit in their vehicles. It also does not need a lot of storage space in the garage.
It is easy to start the machine since the manual was very simple to follow, and it produces the best quality of work they need for a very long time.
Some customers raised concern about the 60-pound weight of this Makita MAC700, making it hard to carry around. The Manufacturer keeps that in mind and provides the roll bar handle, which makes customer’s life so much easier. Moreover, the little extra weight stabilizes the air compressors and avoids too much vibration. All in all, you could be assured that your machines are still manageable.
It is not a coincidence that the Makita MAC 700 tops the Amazon best seller air compressor for such a long time. Powerful engine, low noise and long running life, the Makita MAC 700 is the best choice for casual hobbyist, handy man to serious workshop owners. Give this Makita Air Compressor a try, and I am sure you’ll not regret it.