The TEKTON 4888 is the socket set you should buy if you want a comprehensive impact set of impact sockets. You mainly benefit from the quality of these impact sockets with its durable make. It is constructed from electroplated black veneer, which ensures anti-corrosion. Thanks to this, you can benefit from the functionality of these impact sockets for a long time without fearing that it will be damaged by exposure to different environmental elements.
The impact socket set also features laser-etched size marking, which improves size visibility and recognition even in a low-light setting. The laser-etched markings will stay on the sockets even as many years pass by, thereby eliminating the risk of fading, which will affect the ease of use of the impact sockets.
Heat Treated and Forged Impact Sockets
Table of Contents
Chrome vanadium steel for the TEKTON 4888 Socket Set guarantees durability on its own. To make it more durable, it has been heat-treated. This aspect of the impact socket set ensures maximum torque to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts effectively without damaging the tools or stripping the fastener. The sockets are designed with a beveled nose to enable the user to loosen the tightest nuts and bolts.
37 Pieces of Impact Sockets
The TEKTON 4888 Drive Impact Socket Set is composed of:
3/8-Inch Drive Impact Sockets
- (6) 3/8 in. Drive Shallow Impact Socket (Inch): 3/8, 7/16 (11 mm), 1/2, 9/16, 11/16, and 3/4 in. (19 mm)
- (7) 3/8 in. Drive Shallow Impact Socket (Metric): 8 (5/16), 9, 12, 13, 14, 16 (5/8), and 17 mm
- (1) 3/8 in. Drive x 3 in. Extension Bar
1/2-Inch Drive Impact Sockets
- (11) 1/2 in. Drive Shallow Impact Socket (Metric): 10, 11 (7/16), 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (5/8), 17, 18, 21, and 24 mm (15/16)
- (10) 1/2 in. Drive Deep Impact Socket (Inch): 1/2, 9/16, 11/16, 3/4 (19 mm), 13/16, 7/8 (22 mm), 1, 1-1/16 (27 mm), 1-1/8, and 1-1/4 in. (32 mm)
- (1) 1/2 in. (F) x 3/8 in. (M) Adapter
- (1) 1/2 in. Drive x 3 in. Extension Bar
The selection of impact socket sizes in the set enables you to use it in a variety of applications from small to big ones. Check out this clip to understand more what you get from the Tekton 4888 (the discussion really started from the 1:20 mark)
TEKTON 4888 Features & Specs
- 6-point opening – for snug fitting of hex-shaped fastener heads for the application of maximum torque without slippage
- Design – grips flat sides of fastener heads instead of corners to avoid round off
- Shallow well with slim walls to enable the socket for adequate fitting into tight and narrow spaces
- Material – forged from premium chrome vanadium steel with a durable mirror chrome plated finish for maximum torque and corrosion-resistance to guarantee durability
- Weight – 13.1 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 11 x 14.8 x 3.2 inches
- Manufacturer’s Warranty Description – Lifetime warranty
TEKTON 4888 Reviews & Ratings
The TEKTON 4888 Socket Set has garnered 193+ reviews, at the time of this writing. The top positive review with the customer saying that the sockets are of good quality. The reviewer gave the product 4 stars only because of a single socket that did not have the correct size. According to him, the manufacturer contacted him immediately and offered a replacement for that socket. It was good customer service for him.
Things to Improve
Some other customers were not as satisfied as he is with the TEKTON 4888. According to the customer, there is a defective metal in two of the socket pieces. The customer has just received the product a few days ago, which he then used for the replacement of the parts of his cable. The 19mm deep socket that he used was too loose for the same size of lug nuts.
Due to this, one lug has been damaged. The same thing happened with another piece in the set. The customer decided to contact TEKTON and thanks to their fast and reliable customer service, immediate resolutions were done and the replacement pieces were received by the reviewer after just about a week and a half.
Even though there are some negative feedbacks on the TEKTON 4888, many customers favor its quality. Some commented on its sturdiness while others highlighted its great functionality in impact tasks. All in all, it is a well-liked impact socket set.
The TEKTON 4888 Socket Set is used by many individuals for a variety of impact jobs both at home and in a shop. It is a toolset that needs to be used with the right matching size of nuts and bolts to perform effectively.
The impact socket itself is durable, deep, and long-lasting, which is why there is no need to worry about its quality. It is a good investment for individuals who usually perform impact tasks. With its size variations and several quality features, it is one tool set to look out for. Do check out other best socket set too!